May 29, 2020
Psalm 111:1 “I will praise the LORD with my whole heart, in the assembly of the upright, and in the congregation.”
Last night, the Deacons and Staff of the Loris FBC family met to pray and come up with a potential timeline to begin reopening some of our services and ministry activities. Although we know that many within our church family really miss our “in-person” worship services and prayer meetings, we are going to have to proceed with caution because this Corona Virus pandemic has not fully run its course, it may be months or years before a reliable vaccine or cure can be produced, and the town of Loris is currently considered a “hotbed” for infections in Horry County. Therefore, the Deacons and Staff unanimously agreed to the following reopening strategy:
1) Sunday Morning Worship Services (only!) will be open to the public again starting on next Sunday, June 7th, at 10:15 A.M. In order to provide the safest environment for our return, we will be asking you to please submit to the safe practice guidelines that will be posted on our website page and all throughout our church building. Until further notice, Nursery and Children’s Church will not be provided. Families with small children need to come prepared to sit with your children during the entire worship service. (NOTE: We will try to open the nursery and children’s church as soon as we believe it is safe for our church family and community to do so!)
2) Sunday School will remain closed on Sunday Mornings at least until September. However, we are encouraging Sunday School classes to meet on days or evenings other than Sunday mornings so that we can all get the benefits of the additional bible study, fellowship, and prayer time together while also maintaining safe social distancing practices that would be impossible if classes met on Sundays. Sunday School Teachers that have classes willing to meet sometime between Monday through Saturday need to work with the church staff to coordinate cleaning and meeting times.
2) If we do not experience any unexpected problems by restarting our worship services, we will reopen our Wednesday night Prayer Meeting/Bible Study to the public on Wednesday, June 17th, under the same safety guidelines and social distancing practices of our Sunday morning worship services. Once again, there will be no nursery or child care provided for on Wednesday evenings until further notice.
3) Youth meetings and activities will begin again in the Loris FBC basement on Wednesday, June 17th.
4) There will be no Sunday or Wednesday children’s activities this summer. However, there will be several “fun time” group activities that will be planned and advertised throughout the summer months for Loris FBC children to get together and enjoy playing and spending time together.
As your senior pastor, it truly hurts my heart that we can’t return to all or our church practices, activities, and ministries immediately. To not be able to shake hands and hug everyone when I see you again will be so hard (and I am NOT a hugger!). However, to have one precious member of our church get sick and suffer severely because of this current pandemic…would hurt all of us even more! So, please be patient, follow our posted guidelines for now, and keep praying until God blesses us with the opportunity to “safely” return to some semblance of normal. Hope to see you all next Sunday! – Pastor Louis
Please click below for our Guidelines: