Who is Loris First Baptist Church?
We are a local congregation of baptized believers with Jesus Christ as our head, committed to reaching our world for Jesus Christ through praying, giving and missions. The ministries of our fellowship include worship, teaching, service, stewardship and evangelism.
What are our beliefs?
- God: We believe there is only one living and true God who is intelligent, spiritual and personal. He is the Creator, Redeemer, and Ruler of the universe. He is all powerful and all knowing. (Genesis 1:1; Isaiah 43:3, 15; Matthew 23:9; I John 5:7)
- Jesus Christ: We believe that Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of God. He was conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, lived a sinless life, died as a sacrifice for the sins of man, was buried, arose from the grave and ascended into Heaven. Jesus Christ was wholly God and man and is our mediator before the Father. (John 1:14; John 3:16; Hebrews 4:15)
- The Holy Spirit: We believe the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God equal to the Father and Son and fully divine. He lives in every Christian from the moment of salvation to cultivate Christian character, comfort believers, interpret scripture and bestow spiritual gifts for service to God through the church. (Genesis 1:2; Luke 1:35; I Thessalonians 5:19; 2 Peter 1:21)
- The Bible: We believe that the Holy Bible was written by men who were inspired by God. It is God’s revelation of Himself, written without error and is the sole authority for life. (Exodus 24:4; John 5:39; 2 Timothy 3:15-17)
- Salvation: We believe that salvation is a gift of grace from God to all people which only comes through trusting in Jesus Christ, God’s only Son. (Romans 6:23; Titus 3:5; Ephesians 2:8-9; John 3:16)
- Eternity: We believe that people exist forever, either in heaven for those who have accepted Jesus Christ through grace or in hell to be eternally separated from God. (John 3:16; Revelation 20:14-15)